Super Rugby’s thirteenth round was largely predictable for tipsters with the two Australian teams beating two South African teams, providing the main stumbling block for most tipsters while a few margins were larger than expected – like the Crusaders and Bulls victories.
Five out of the seven matches in Super Rugby Round 13 were obvious picks with the Chiefs, Hurricanes, Highlanders, Bulls and Crusaders winning.
Ironically, though, the Highlanders, who were the hottest favourites going into Round 13, won by the smallest margin with their one point win over the fast-finishing Lions.
The Crusaders hammered the Reds, showing that not only are they title contenders, but it is great seeing teams playing during the day time.
Here are five points of note from Super Rugby Round 13:
1) The New Zealand sides had a great weekend registering four wins.
2) The Crusaders and Chiefs are looking dominant once again, while the Brumbies stand out as the top Australian team.
3) The Force and Hurricanes can win on the road and their results will give them plenty of confidence as they are both contenders in 2014.
4) You can start to strike a line through teams that are out of contention. From New Zealand, the Blues will do it tough unless they can win on the road, while the Reds and Rebels in Australia are in trouble. South Africa has at least three teams out of contention in the Cheetahs, Stormers and Lions, while the Bulls only have an outside chance.
5) Do you believe in rugby karma? The Highlanders were unlucky to lose to the Stormers in Cape Town by one point last week and then they return home and are lucky to win by one point against the Lions in Dunedin.
How many winners did you pick in Super Rugby Round 13?