England attack coach Richard Wigglesworth revealed that Ellis Genge has returned to training ahead of the second round of the Six Nations game against Wales at Twickenham Stadium on Saturday.
Genge was withdrawn from the bench ahead of England's Six Nations opener against Italy due to a foot injury with Beno Obano replacing him in the matchday squad.
"Ellis took some part in training today (Tuesday) and we are hopeful that he is available for the weekend, but we've obviously got to get through the rest of the week," Wigglesworth said.
Meanwhile, Ollie Lawrence sustained a hip problem during Bath's European game against Toulon and has been sidelined since then. He is not in contention to face Wales but is set to link up with the squad.
"Ollie is potentially coming in at the end of this week, maybe next week. He's not available against Wales this weekend," he added.
Second row George Martin is recovering from a knee injury and is set to be available for the game against Scotland but there has been no return time frame set for fly-half Marcus Smith, who is sidelined with a calf injury.
"It looks like it will be further back in the tournament - if we get him back. It won't be in the next couple of weeks," Wigglesworth said.
"Marcus has an incredible attitude. He was gutted but we were gutted as well. We know he's an international quality player.
"We are blessed in that position because we've got George Ford and Fin Smith, but that doesn't distract from what a top player he is and the impact he potentially would have had.
"His attitude was 'I'll just come back better'. I've no doubt that if we see him later in the tournament or if it's after that then he'll come back in and put his hand up like he did."